donderdag 25 december 2008

Mayrhofen day 6

Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start this morning. When I finally managed to throw the covers off at 10.15am I had to act like a jaguar all doped up on speed to be in time for the 11 o’clock bus.



(Bas in one of the many chairlifts)

The morning started sunny with a few clouds and we started once again on the red 7. We had a breakfast of tomato soup and a ‘toasti’ at the Grillhof at noon. It didn’t really match to the ultimate Christmas idea, but it was good anyway.




(Jochem ready for apres-ski at 11am)

(Bas taking a sip of the water in Martzen's camelbak)



After that, it was time for Mario to go to his freestyle lesson, while the rest of us took the brontosauruslift up the mountain again for some more awesome boarding.
When we finally got down to the other village, it was so extremely cloudy some of us didn’t feel like anymore boarding so they went for some food at one of the local restaurants which turned out to be closed, so they went to Eva’s bar.



(Thomas)

Bas, Martzen, Youri and me went up the cabinlift to board back to Mayrhofen, which turned out to be a bit of a mistake for me. When we got back to the Mayrhofen area, it was so terribly misty we couldn’t see more than 50cm. I cursed the clouds and in reward, they made me crash about 5 times on the same little track. The slopes were all icy and the skiers who headed back were not really appreciated either. There was this little path on which I completely lost control of my coordination and crashed and so lost Bas, Martzen and Youri. Because I couldn’t see a thing but a big white mess I felt pretty scared, namely because I couldn’t see where the mist began and the slope ended. When I finally made it to the others there was one other icy slope to conquer, which went ok from my point of view.

(Martzen)


I was so relieved when we got back to the valley in one piece. As a reward, Seline (friend with whom I went boarding 2 years ago) was in one of the après-ski bars in Mayrhofen together with her dad (Peter) and sister (Maryse). We had a lot of fun dancing to the music from hell.

(Seline, Peter, Maryse and me in the ice-bar)

At the Gasthof we had a well-deserved Christmasdinner. Steak and fried potatoes together with some delicious salad.

While writing this, the Rider’s Lounge has gone almost completely empty. It’s getting late and almost everybody has an early date with their beds. No reason for me to stay up late. Merry Christmas!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten