vrijdag 26 december 2008

Mayrhofen day 7

Today started early. We all were ready to shred the slopes around 9am. We only had to take the little train to Zell am Ziller, because that was our heading for today. The sky was once again beautifully blue but the wind was freezing and it turned out to be around minus 10 degrees Celsius!

(me on the slopes in Zell)

(who's that pro chick in the brown jacket??)

Zell am Ziller is THE place to be when you own a family with an enormous amount of kids, so basically the first thing we heard when we got out of the cabin lift was a choir of crying little kids on miniature skis. After some slopes of tremendously fast boarding we met Jochem and Jurriaan (the skier), who had a bit of a sleepy start due to a night of heavy partying in one of the local bars. I tripped when coming out of a chairlift and hurt my ankle pretty bad, which was the only dark scene of the entire day. After some further rocking we had a terrific lunch in the sun in a beautiful restaurant with really odd toilets!

(Martzen's camera was supposed to be waterproof so Jurriaan tested that so-called fact with Skiwasser..)

(Jochem trying to kick his habit of chainsmoking)




We boarded further to Gerlos, where we split up our group into 2 smaller ones, namely the fast boarders and the chill ones. Guess in which of them I was, hehe..
When we got back to Zell my ankle hurt so badly it took me ages to get back to the cabin lift. Luckily, Bas was very patient with me and we did an awesome trick: the duo 360!



(Jurriaan, Martz and Ron)

(Joeri, Martz, Bas, Jochem and me on the top of one of the many mountains)

We got back in a wheelchair-taxi and were just in time for dinner at the Gasthof. I can’t really say I was happy about it though. It was a pasta salad with pieces of apple and pineapple with a sauce of strawberry yoghurt, so actually it was a starter, head course and desert in one piece. I have a few rules I have to live up to. Rule #1: NEVER EVER mix your head course with fruit, because that’s extremely inedible according to me. But I couldn’t really be sad about because the entire week we’ve had the most delicious meals!

Right now, there’s some kind of a farewell party going on in the Rider’s Lounge, and most people are wondering what I’m doing here on my own behind my laptop. They are going to town later, but I have decided I’m staying here and get into bed on time to not be incredibly tired tomorrow morning so I can do some last boarding before stepping on the bus that will take me home. Shit man, I don’t want to leave. I’ve had an amazing time here and I’ll sure be back next year, but for longer because a week’s way too short.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een stoere boarder zien we daar. Cool hoor. Hoop dat je nieuwe broek je toch een beetje warm heeft gehouden! Ziet er in elk geval tof uit. ;) Ik wil ook wel een foto'tje zien van je tight & green outfit!

    Hoop dat je deze blog bij blijft houden, je schrijft echt heel leuk. En zo blijf ik ook een beetje op de hoogte van wat m'n zusje allemaal uitspookt. Ha ha!

    Happy new year alvast schatje. Maak er een mooie van!

    xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Well, Eva, it looks like you had a fantastic holiday. I'm sure you'll look back at those pictures in years to come and feel nice and warm inside. Happy New Year. Make it a GOOD one!
    Love, Dianne

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen