donderdag 25 december 2008

Mayrhofen day 5

I don’t think you’ll be interested in what I did on day 4. Just to give you the highlights: I spent the entire day hanging around my bed to catch up with my hours of ‘supposed being asleep’.


Today however, was a great day. We got up damn early (7.45am) and were on the slopes at 9.15am. The funny thing was that in the valley it was really cloudy and misty, but when we were halfway up the mountain we had a terrific view of a broad blue sky without even the marks of a plane that had passed!

(the lift to the red 7)



After a few runs on the red 7 (most famous slope of Mayrhofen, together with the Harakiri (google it)) we went to the 150-lift (a brontosaurus of a lift, again ‘google’..) which takes you all the way up a mountain from which you can choose a million different routes to get to another little village.



We had a wonderful clear view of everything and I dare say that this day was probably the best day of the week, though I haven’t checked the weather forecast to know for sure.

(Bas, Juriaan and Martzen)

(Bas and Mario on the red 7, notice the enormous cloud hanging in the valley)

We got back from our exhausting tour around 3pm and because we were all starving we went for a delicious pizza at our daily hangout, the Grill Hof Alm (serves the best pizza in Austria, according to most of the SAIKO boarders).

(Moniek, Jasmijn, Martzen and me)

When we got back to the Gasthof, it was Christmas Eve and time to party after a dinner of extremely spicy chicken which I didn’t like that much.

As it started to get later and later, it seemed as though the entire town of Mayrhofen had come in to our Rider’s Lounge to enjoy a long evening of partying. The dresscode was suppodes to be ‘green and sharp’ but it turned out I was the only one who actually honored the code (except for the green part, green doesn’t suit me so I chose black instead). My feet hurted like hell when I got to my room. I was so relieved when I finally could take off those 8cm heels.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten