maandag 22 december 2008

Mayrhofen Day 3

(Gasthof Zillertal, owned by SAIKO)

After a night of not so much sleep, Martzen and I got up at 7.30. We had went to bed around 2.30am, so throwing off the covers was one of the hardest jobs in the world.

The day started cloudy and continued to be so, which wasn't so good for me. I don't think I've ever crashed so many times in one day of snowboarding. I was completely soaked within 3 hours. It snowed terribly hard and the wind wasn't an appreciated guest either. Goggles were foggy all the time (cleaning them didn't work) so basically I saw nothing but a white blur.

There was a tour given by Marijn which was supposed to show what the slopes were like and lasted all day long. Apart from all the crashing it was great fun although I couldn't really tell what the area looked like anyway.


Marijn looking sweet.

After an exhausting day on the slopes we had a beer at the bierstube on the mountain (not really advisable because the music in there comes straight from hell and all the people have a volume of 28 and are drunk). We had to walk back to the Gasthof because either the buses stopped riding or we had missed it. I don't remember.

Martzen enjoying her skiwasser.

At the Gasthof we had a delicious dinner of salty champignon soup and pasta. The shower I had was either ice-cold or friggin' hot, so I chose to be burned. DJ Bazza showed his skills in the Rider's Lounge and proved to be really good. He definitely chose the right tunes =). After several table-football matches and a beer or two I headed to bed to make sure the next day would be better.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten